This weekend i have THREE WHOLE DAYS OF NO WORK!!!! It’s an understatement to say that i am so excited i’ve almost jumped out of my skin, several times! In an over ambitious sort of way, i started thinking about the 400 things i can do that i’ve wanted to do and really ENJOY doing for a long time. BUT, about half way through this process i realised i had to, before anything else, definitely make room for my rituals/habits that i so deeply treasure. I call these my soul habitats because, without them, i find myself hunting around on the ground looking for my spirit that’s been crushed and squashed in the rubble.
I truly believe (and have unfortunately suffered from dis-belief in the fact), that all work and no fika (time away), makes for a seriously dull horse and without some gentle nurturing any human being is no longer that.
So, i wanted to share my eight most dominant soul habitats with you. All of which are mandatory but when, where and how are factors never set in stone – the first ritual of them all. On a side note, Sunday’s include ALL if not all but, one of my rituals. It is forever the holy day. Thanks be to Sunday, AMEN!
- Sitting, reading and enjoying a morning hot beverage. I always have my herbal tea straight out of bed but i find the one i choose to completely indulge is that first coffee of the day – setting intentions for your day!
- Moving the body – with intent and intense! A seriously mandatory exhibition for me; who’s body and mind is completely broken if i choose to pass it up.
- Immersing my body in the holiest of juices – salt water. This is one that has to happen regularly and similarly to number 2, with complete intent. It’s an action that makes up 90% of my spirituality and keeps me me. Bless you, big blue ocean!
- Talking to and sharing stories with my closest and most loved ones. This is one that happens and happens and happens and never ends. And i thank the universe every-bloody-day about it. They hold my heart and keep me level.
- Meditating – daily and then once a week on a larger scale, burn a peace inducing scent or candle and completely stop the traffic in my mind. It’s great for allowing it all to sink in and settle in there.
- Musing + writing of some sort. I think that because i’m a young-one, my mind is so full on theories and ideas. If i don’t mull on and summarise these regularly – i’m once again, picking up my scattered pieces.
- Learnings- languages, cultures, ideas, subjects, concept growth, essays on beauty, on humans, on physics.
And Eight – i’m always adventuring. In my mind or in the world, it’s a forever one. Indulge in your Rituals! They are your spirit habitats. And as always, a photo essay – because words somehow are never enough.